The Bugout was designed for the modern outdoor adventurer, incorporating the lightest, best performing materials in an extremely slim yet ergonomic package. The Bugout features a CPM-S30V Stainless Steel blade.
According to Benchmade AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it's inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
BM535GRY1: 535GRY-1 Bugout | Benchmade Design
The Bugout was designed for the modern outdoor adventurer, incorporating the lightest, best performing materials in an extremely slim, yet ergonomic package. Subtle, yet capable, this version of the Bugout was developed to be easily carried anywhere without drawing attention to itself. Ranger green handles and a smoked gray, chromium nitride coated blade blend into nearly any environment. Whether you’re in the city or mountains, this lightweight folder will be ready when you are.
- AXIS lock
- Drop point, smoke gray chromium nitride coated blade
- CPM-S30V premium stainless steel (58-60HRC)
- Ranger Green Grivory handle with tan anodized aluminum barrel spacers
- Lightweight DLC-coated titanium AXIS bar, tan anodized aluminum thumb stud, oversized lanyard hole, and smoke gray chromium nitride coated reversible mini deep-carry pocket clip
- Blade Length: 3.24" (8.23 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.090" (2.29 mm)
- Handle Thickness: 0.42" (10.54 mm)
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Weight: 1.85 oz. (52.45 g)
- Pocket Clip: Stainless Steel, Reversible, Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 7.46" (18.95 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.22" (10.72 cm)
- Class: Blue
- Made in the USA